Monday, December 24, 2007

Kids Shows for Grown Ups

This is the Christmas picture we didn't use.

The other day, Abbie had some kid's show on, and there was a song that went like this: "I like to share, sharing is fun." They sang this line over and over and over and over and over again to a catchy little tune. I think that same line was repeated 20 or more times. The whole show was about sharing, and there were several other songs that went with the theme. Basically, I think it was a good message even though it seemed a teeny bit like brain washing.

So I got to thinking that they should make similar shows for grown ups because there are plenty of adults that don't seem to know right from wrong. There could be a song like "I like my wife, I will not kill her and throw her in the lake, I like my wife...." And another one like "I will use my turn signal, turn signals are fun..." I could think of tons more.

2 comments:

Laina Villeneuve said...

I'd love to hear more of your songs for grownups. I especially think that the one for turn signals is a great idea. Can there be a verse about actually pulling up close to the curve instead of turning from the center of the lane?

Louisa and I love to replace words to tunes we know. We could sing you some of our modified church songs next week.

Foster Kittens said...

Holy Moly! When I saw an unknown poster, I got kind of freaked out until I realized it was Anna! Welcome to my blog.