Monday, January 14, 2008

Reading Out Loud

I've been reading to Abbie since she was a little baby. She was always and still is very attentive. Her school is very "reading oriented." We have to keep a daily reading log of what we read and how long we read. Every year, the amount of minutes expected is increased. Here's the thing: Paul and Baby (the cat) really enjoy listening to me read as much as Abbie does. I'm not bragging here. I'm just not really sure what is so special.
The other day, Abbie and I were alone in bed. I was reading and we were snuggled up together although there was about 4-5 inches between us. When Baby hears me reading, she comes running and she made her way into those few inches and plopped down. While I read, she usually looks up at me - adoringly (my interpretation of her look)! Even though this happens regularly, I just got a kick out of Baby worming her way into a tight spot just to make sure she wasn't left out of the snuggling.
I think I blog as much about the cat as I do about Abbie!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Lorrie,

When are you going to blog again?

Annie said...

Lorrie,

When are you going to blog again?