Sunday, October 11, 2009

In the Swing of Things

Trying to get back into the swing of blogging. Here is a snapshot of our life right now:
  • Abbie is having a great year in 4th grade; better than last year; we like her teacher; she is having math tutoring twice a week and that is working out very well for the both of us
  • Abbie is reading the Warriors series (she really loves these books). I recently bought some picture books, and Paul wondered why I would buy books meant for much younger kids. 1) I miss picture books, 2) I liked the art work on them, and 3) I miss getting to read out loud to him and Abbie. So they had to let me read both books to them.
  • The 3 of us are proud new bike owners. But there is a complication.
  • Paul hurt his back (doctors just think it is a muscle), and that has put a damper on our biking ambitions. Even though his back has gotten much better, he is still having to ice it every day. Sometimes, prolonged activity (such as driving or spending 2 hours in the corn maze), makes his back act up again.
  • We saw Zombieland and really enjoyed it. Paul's back problem is really going to make him a liability if we ever get attacked by zombies.
  • My dad has a new batch of chicks. Abbie really enjoys visiting and playing with them and naming them (Mango, Pineapple, and Parrot are the names I remember from the recent batch). She likes putting them on her shoulders and one in each pocket (the deep, baggy kind), but she doesn't like chick poop in her hair.
  • We haven't found a house to buy yet. There is one we really like...But we're also toying with the idea of staying in the country and having a house that is not in a neighborhood. Paul changes his mind a lot.
  • I still have one foster kitten that I need to find a home for. At times, I have hated all the extra litter duties, but I have really enjoyed the experience so much. I can't wait to do it again!
  • Paul is off tomorrow. I wonder how we will spend the day?
  • We may go to Asheville next weekend (the Fall colors are wonderful) or we may go to the Creeper Trail if Paul thinks his back can handle it.
  • I think I know what design I'll use for this year's Christmas cards.
  • There is not a lot on my calendar this week, and I love that!

No comments: