Sunday, October 18, 2009

And the Pendulum Swings

Our house has sold, and we have 8 months until we HAVE to move. We could move sooner if we want, but we have to find a house first.
We started out with certain goals in what we wanted in a new house. Months later, our goals have changed a bit.
Today, we drove around for about 2.5 to 3 hours just looking at different areas in the county. We're considering not moving into the city limits. Maybe we'd like a house in the country, maybe a mini farm, not in a neighborhood, maybe we should build???? Who knows! We find areas we like, but what we like isn't for sale. Or the house/land is too expensive. Or the house is too old, and we wouldn't want to do all the renovations needed. Or it is too far from town.
Abbie hates the whole process. She just wants to pick up our house and move it somewhere. Or build the exact house somewhere else.

While driving around today, Abbie saw a "neighborhood watch" sign and wanted to know what that meant. Paul and I explained it to her. She got very excited and said, "I'd like to spy on our neighbors and see what they are doing." I don't think she really meant that she wanted to watch the neighbors, but I think she meant she wanted to watch the neighbors' houses for suspicious activity. She does have her own set of binoculars so we'll see if she tries them out...

And in other news, tonight I watched a marathon of "Say Yes to the Dress." I never watch this show. I just turned it on to have something in the background. Eventually Paul said, "You know, I really liked your wedding dress. Every time I see a picture of you in that dress, I get butterflies." Awwww, how sweet! That was the perfect thing to say!

No comments: