Tuesday, November 3, 2009

In OTHER Cat News

In an unscientific way, I have determined that I emit a cat pheromone. I'm attracted to cats, and they seem to be attracted to me.
Every time I turn around, I discover a new stray cat coming to my house for a meal.
This summer, I noticed 2 kittens were coming here to eat. I tried to catch them, but they were too wild.
The kittens are still coming here, and I HAVE to catch them. I can't leave them here when I move. Who will feed them?
I told Paul that I need a live trap so I can catch them, try to tame them, and then take them to the shelter. I can't possibly keep them. But taming them would give them a better chance to get adopted.
Paul said he had a better idea for catching them. He tied a string to the door knob of the door to the porch. He brought the string in the window that looks out over the porch. We put food in the sunroom and left the door open. We watch at the window...when the kitten comes in, we pull the string which makes the door shut and then we have the kitten trapped in the house.
It worked! We did that today!
The kitten we caught today is a female gray tabby - we've named her February. She freaked out a little. She likes all my cats, and they like her, but she is still very scared of me. We're going to take it slow. I plan to let her outside tonight and then let her in again tomorrow. Only problem is that she is curled up in a chair in the sunroom - the door is standing wide open - but she seems to have no plans to go back outside.
Her partner is a solid black pretty kitten. The black kitten is twice as scared of people as she is so this kitten will be more tricky to catch.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Pictures!! :) Paul should be proud of his idea since it was cheaper. LOL So how many cats are you feeding now with your new fostering batch?