Monday, November 9, 2009

The Weekend

To answer my one and only blog reader's questions: yes, I touched the fish- but they were SUPER slippery so I didn't touch them too much. Paul put his foot on them to hold them down while he got the hook out then we used the net to get the fish in the bucket. The trout farm will clean the fish for you - and they pack them on ice for you too -- all included in the price. You pay per pound, and you can't throw any fish back. You have to keep all you catch. This animal lover [me] didn't particularly care for how they cleaned the fish. The guy sliced them and gutted them before cutting off their head. I thought that was uncalled for - heartless!

How many cats I feed - 3 strays (that I know of - I have a sneaky feeling that something else is eating from my cat feeder (racoon/opposum?). I feed my 4 indoor cats plus 1 outdoor cat. And I feed 1 foster mother cat (not feeding her babies yet). That's 9 cats I think. When the babies start eating solid food, the number will be 15. Fostering cats isn't cheap - I spend a lot on food and litter, but it's very rewarding. Leslie, you all should come over and see the kittens. There eyes are open, and they are much more alert now. But still tiny and wobbly.

This weekend, we didn't do much as usual. We're sort of recluses in some ways. As much as I don't want Abbie to be bored or lonely, I much prefer to have just the 3 of us in the house. I think it's mostly b/c that is what I'm used to. If we lived in a neighborhood crawling with kids, I'm sure I'd be used to have lots of kids around. Abbie had a friend sleep over this weekend, and it was like Christmas for her. I think her friend got up at 5 am though. So I had to get up too. And when you have company, you have to serve meals on time, and you have to constantly make sure they're having fun and ask if they want anything to drink or eat or do something else. Maybe I just put too much pressure on myself, but it stresses me a little. I need to learn to get used to it though. I'm sure Abbie is entering the phase of wanting to have more sleepovers.

I am currently wearing my new scarf from Target. It is soft and purple and white. It does not go with my outfit today, but it's soft, and I'm wearing it.

[Before I tell you this next story, I thought I'd point out that I change socks and undergarments and clothes everyday - the only thing I tend to wear more than once is jeans. Please bury me in my Lucky jeans. I lurve them! And my new socks that I'm about to tell you about.] I bought some new wool socks. They are awesome!! I've worn one pair for 3 days. Why? Because they are soft and warm. Is that too much information? When I told Paul this little tidbit, he was totally grossed out. I told him my feet didn't stink, and it was no big deal. He continued to make a big deal out of it. So I told him I'd bet him $5 that my socks didn't have the least odor. He wasn't going to take the bet, but I MADE him and told him that all 3 of us would smell them and Abbie could be the tie breaker if necessary. Abbie went and got the socks. They were sniffed by all. The skeptic lost, and I won the bet! I washed those socks today. I am currently wearing my favorite brown pair of socks that are not wool, and my toes are cold. Don't bury me in the brown socks.

I *think* we've made a house decision. Not necessarily which one we will buy, but we've rethought our goals - which have been ALL OVER the place (the goals and the houses). I think we're going to buy a house in town/city limits - our orginal goal. And we're going to buy property in the county and start building after Abbie starts high school. That is our tentative plan. Tentative being the key word.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

When we go fishing, I opt out of touching the fish but putting the worms on the hook I don't mind.

I do want to see the kittens. The kids would love it.

I wear the same jeans for a couple of days too. Mainly b/c I usually don't wear them all day and probably not even 8 hours so I'll wear them and most often the same outfit two days in a row. LOL I try to avoid people on the second day if I've made contact with people I know the prior day just IN CASE they remember my outfit from before. ROFL Seriously, I do.

So I believe the socks didn't stink but what about dead skin cells? LOL :-P