Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crap in My Wallet

Have you noticed all the stuff you have to keep in your wallet these days. I need a discount card for all the grocery stores I go to (two stores), I have a Hallmark card, a Barnes and Noble card, a punch card for the coffee shop I go to (buy 8 and get one free), a punch card for the car wash (buy x amount, get 1 free), a stamp card for the ice cream parlor Abbie likes, a stamp card for Keva Juice, a discount card for Pet Smart (I don't know what that is all about, I never seem to get a break when I make a purchase), a card for CVS (I never use the coupons that print on my receipt), etc, etc, etc. These are not credit cards - they are just discount cards, or really, just tracking cards.
This drives me crazy at the grocery store - my cart is full of groceries, I start unloading on the belt, and the kid immediately says, "do you have a Kroger card?" I say yes while continuing to unload, but they look at me like they need to scan the card right then. Please! I just keep unloading and ignore them. They can scan it when I get done and get to the register. Come on! They've got me trained - I'm not going to forget to give them my discount card.
This is what I felt like blogging about today :)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Lorrie,

I know what you mean. I feel the same way. I have to say though that I do use the coupons that print out on the bottom of my CVS receipt. I LOVE CVS! I just needed to say that. I save so much money there. Lately they have a promotion that gives you 25$ in CVS bucks whenever you buy a prescription. We need the prescriptions anyway so it is just free money as far as I'm concerned. I have not payed for formula for weeks. I just keep using my CVS bucks it is awesome!
My 2 cents:)

A~

Foster Kittens said...

Annie, You made me realize that I need to pay closer attention to my CVS receipts. I stopped looking at them a long time ago. Maybe I've been missing out!
L

Annie said...

Lorrie,

It is a promotional thing for the 25$ you have to have the coupon first to get it. I don't know if they have that promotion in your area...but it is great!

A~

PS you get money back every quarter for what you spend. We sometimes get more than 10$.