Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sleeping in - not with a cat


Today, I could have slept in, but Baby (our cat) had other ideas. She wanted to be fed. To make sure that I have not forgotten that she lives in the house and must eat every few hours, she acts incredibly cuddly. Being cuddly is nice, but Baby is one fat kitty. I think she is genetically driven to be fat. She is currently on diet cat food, which she is not happy about, but it is not making a difference. She is as round as ever (and I know she is not able to steal food from anywhere else in the house). Back to sleeping in...
So Baby jumps on the bed and climbs on top of me (I am a side sleeper). She trots all the way up to my shoulders and plops down. It is hard to ignore her since she is so heavy. She will gladly sleep this way until I get up, which doesn't take very long since I can't go back to sleep with that big load laying on me. If we don't close her up in the laundry room at night, she will come into our room bright and early and knock things over to wake us up.
Our (deceased) cat Molly was similar, but she didn't climb on us. She would just make a lot of noise to wake us up. If we closed the door to our bedroom, she would pound on the door with her big paws. If I got up and put her outside (so we could get more sleep), she would climb onto the windowsill and pound on the screen (which made a lot of noise). That was pretty annoying.
It is actually cat feeding time right now. Baby actually meowed at me to make sure I knew what time it was. Okay, okay, I'm coming...

No comments: