Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tagged - 6 facts about me




Are these supposed to be little known facts?
1) This is not a little known fact - I love animals. I'd like to have one of about every kind. I wish I could have a job working with animals. I make a huge effort not to kill bugs unnecessarily. I pull over and help lost and wild animals. The other day, I was driving down the interstate and saw a turtle attempting to cross. I didn't have time to pull over. I felt a lot of guilt about not stopping to help the turtle, and I ended up having a turtle nightmare. I swerve to avoid squashing wooly worms that cross our country roads. Some day, I'll probably be the crazy cat lady.
2) I love to read. Sometimes, now that Abbie is in school, I spend all day reading. Sometimes I have to force myself to put the book down so I can run around the house to get things done. Then, before I know it, I have devoured a wonderful book then I am sad that the book is over, but I can't seem to pace myself when the book is really good. When I really need to get a lot of housework done (or projects), I have to avoid the bookstore at all costs. There is a book that I really want to write. I just need to make myself sit down and write some every day. I was just thinking about this today (I think about it a lot), but I still have not accomplished much.
3) I'm a little embarrassed about this one....Lately, I've been listening to a lot of rap/ghetto music. Not sure what to call it. I downloaded several songs with the explicit lyrics. I can't listen to this stuff with Abbie in the car, but I sure do like it. And it's all basically about sex in some way or another. Same as all the 80's rock music I liked. I still like all that 80's rock music too. I have discovered that I like making my own mixed tapes (CD's). I download all sorts of stuff, including country music. I can be diverse.
4) I've been thinking a lot lately about getting older. About my life being half over (maybe). About the fact that I may never lose weight, that I may never be skinny again, that physically, this may be the best shape I'll ever be in. This may be the best I'll ever look - it may be downhill from here. It's depressing.
5) On a more positive note, I am a "glass is half full" kind of person. I get up everyday renewed with a lot of hope in my heart. I am a peacemaker. I want everyone to get along and be happy. I try to smooth things over and point out the positive things in a bad situation (sometimes I think this drives Paul crazy). For the most part, I am Pollyanna Sunshine. It keeps me sane.
6) I would like to travel to so many places. But I don't like to fly. Flying scares me. I get pretty anxious on flights. I prefer non-stop flights so that I only have to deal with one plane that day. There are so many places I want to go (places I want to experience with Abbie) so I will fly when I have to. I have made a list. Hopefully, I'll get to go someday. And I'd like to go to the beach at least 3 times a year.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Lorrie,

Thats SO funny about the rap music thing! I admit I listen to it too every once in awhile. Marc makes a whole lot of fun of me.
I can relate a lot to your number 4 lately. I have for some reason been thinking about a lot of the same things. I think it has to do with approaching 30...I am working up to it I guess. Also living in the desert really does a number on your skin. I feel like I look like I am 40 now with my skin!
I have been reading a ton lately...I am glad you joined goodreads...I am going to read your book that you recommended about the rabbit...is that it? I saw it last night and it looks so good.
I didn't ever know that you were afraid to fly. I have to tell you...I have never been afraid of flying (duh...the whole I'm a pilot thing) but lately it has been different since having Aiden. I don't know if it is just something about knowing what I have to loose or something. I am getting to the point where I think about it every time I go and fly. Weird!

Annie

Annie said...

Lorrie,

You would be so proud of me...I did a weekend scrapbooking (card making) class. I made my Christmas cards. Some of them are pretty rough but I am so proud. I have a really great friend that is going to help me get right into it all. We will see:)

Annie