Saturday, February 9, 2008

Abbie: blank & blank


Every few weeks, Abbie's class reads a different book and does a project at the end. A few weeks ago, they finished Stone Fox, and she had to create a diorama of her favorice scene from the book and write a report on the main ideas of the book. I never had to do a diorama in school so this was fun. Parents are not supposed to help with the projects, and it is really hard to sit back and keep my mouth shut, but I'm doing it!

Now she is reading Sarah, Plain and Tall. For this project, she has to create a descriptive paragraph about herself, draw a picture of herself and give her paragraph a title similar to "Sarah, Plain and Tall."

I joked with her and said she should be Abbie, Hungry and Cute. She decided she is going with Abbie, Honest and [blank]. She can't decide on what the last word should be yet. Another mom told me that her son , who is also in Abbie's class, came up with descriptions for everyone in the class. For Abbie, he came up with Abbie, Quiet and Funny.

She has a week to finish the project and I am excited to see what she will choose for her paragraph title and how she will describe herself.

No comments: