Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am not left handed


"I am not left handed" is a quote from The Princess Bride.


As it turns out, "I am not left handed either" (the stuff in quotes is another line from The Princess Bride), but I am left eye dominant. When I went to the TLC eye surgery center, they ran a battery of tests on me. One of the tests showed that I am left eye dominant which is rare since I am right handed. I just thought that was a neat little tidbit especially since my left eye is way worse then my right eye.

I'm not sure if this is typical or not, but I always carry Abbie with my left arm. Shouldn't I favor my right arm since it is typically your strongest arm if you are right handed? But it makes sense to me that I carry Abbie with my left arm so that my right arm is free to use. Maybe this is not an interesting tidbit.....

I did the test on Paul, and he is right eye dominant. I should try it out on Abbie too.


Genius Idea - now I haven't really thought this one through, but at first glance, it seems like a good idea. To stimulate the economy (or just plastic surgeons' income), I think the government should give a tax incentive if you pay for your wife to get a boob job (people who already have boob jobs would not qualify). All those guys on the fence (and women) would probably finally decide to go for it assuming their wives want and need a boob job.

And for the people who don't want or need a boob job, then the gov't could offer a nice one-time tax deduction if you buy a new frig, tv, washer/dryer or stove. Or heck, any home improvement type item. Video games would not qualify, but shoes would. Makeup would not qualify but bras would. Now I'm really brainstorming! Ha! Ha!


Conversations with Abbie

As Paul polishes off his bottle of Miller Genuine Draft, Abbie reminds him, "Dad, you can't drive for an hour."

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love the new Abbie Quotes part of your blog!