Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Freedom

I finally feel like I have a fire lit under me, and I am really getting the house in order to sell. I deep cleaned the master bedroom yesterday and today. Today's job was to finish wiping all the closets doors, walls, baseboards, etc with the magic eraser. Unfortunately, I think our bedroom is going to have to be painted. And I cleaned the light fixture and ceiling fan.

The next big job was to go through both closets and get rid of all the clothes that we don't wear anymore and send them to Goodwill.

It was very freeing to finally be able to get rid of some clothes that I've been hanging onto for a long time. I donate clothes every year, but there are some items that I always can't bear to part with, and they remain in the closet unworn.

Now the guest room closet has a huge empty spot - the giveaway pile is gigantic (in my opinion). I actually wish I could bring myself to comb through it all one more time and get rid of more.

We've also cleaned out numerous boxes in the garage. We've created a pile of trash, a pile for Goodwill, and a pile of books for Mr. K's.

It is very freeing to finally, finally whittle down all this stuff!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What about the pile for Leslie? :) Thanks again for the clothes. I'll try them on probably this weekend.