Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Too Much BSG?

BSG = Battlestar Galactica

Could I be too "into" BSG? Is that possible?

The other night, as we were driving home and as I was looking up at the night sky (which I do regularly), I noticed an odd light in the clouds. This phenomenon is not unusual - I see strange, unexplainable lights all the time - they aren't stars or planets or cell phone towers. Let's say the strange lights are space stations or satelites - yeah, let's say that!

One time, Paul and I had a bet going. He was seeing the same strange light that I was, and he said it was a cell phone tower light. So we drove towards it and tried to locate the cell phone tower - they dot the countryside. But the closer we/he thought we were getting to it, the more obvious it became that the light was higher than he originally thought, and we realized that it wasn't a cell phone tower - I didn't think it was.

Anyway, the other night, I saw a strange light. It was there and then it wasn't. It was like it would peep out of the clouds and then hide again. I knew right away that it wasn't a star b/c it was odd shaped. So I kept staring, but then we got on the on ramp for the interstate, and I worried that I had lost my place in the sky. I'm sure I was staring a hole in the windshield. But I saw it again - peeping in and out - the shape of it intriging me more and more. During the last peep, I could have sworn that it was a cylon raider! Seriously! In the nanosecond that I was preparing to say, "PAUL, LOOK AT THAT!" the peepshow ended (the clouds finally moved on) and there was a perfect "Cheshire Cat smile" of a moon. It was so pretty and cool. So cool!

There are only 3 episodes left of BSG, and I am so excited!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You are killing me with your spottings. I think maybe there are special people *ahem* who are only allowed to see these special lights. :) You are pretty special. ;)