Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Misc.

Abbie is on Spring Break. We've been taking it easy this week - definitely enjoying sleeping in (except the sound of Paul's garage door opening as he leaves in the morning wakes up Abbie).

We haven't done much so far. Abbie has spent a lot of time reading and doing crafts (she never gets tired of fuze beads). She is making coasters for all her school friends and a few neighbors. Yesterday, she hand-delivered the ones she made for the two neighbors.

Today, Abbie picked up some twigs in the yard and then helped me put some "grass patch" down. We also went to church so I could train with the church secretary. She is having knee replacement surgery so I am going to fill in for her for 6 weeks. And I'll get a paycheck! All of our little home improvement projects are starting to add up so we could use an extra paycheck. We've hired a handyman, and he starts next Friday.

Tomorrow, we head to Asheville for a few days. This trip worked out really well because we are having our hardwood floors refinished, and we're not allowed to walk on the floors for 3 days. I hope the floors turn out great, and our whole house is not one big dust bucket when we get back.

Looking forward to spending a few days at the Grove Park. We'll probably go to the buffet on Thursday night (Abbie's looking forward to that). We may go to Biltmore House on Friday, and of course, we have to eat at Salsa's while we're there. I may do a little shoe shopping at Topps too. Other than that, we have no real plans. We're just going to wing it. I hope the weather holds out.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Eat some yummy food at Salsa's for me! :) I love that place.