Sunday, April 12, 2009

Don't Mess With....

My food! I'm not super picky or have wierd obsessions (in my opinion), but I don't like it when people mess with my food. I don't like people to eat stuff off my plate unless they ask me first. And I don't like people to put stuff in or do strange things to my food (unless I okay it first).

Paul and Abbie are famous for messing with their food. That is great - they are so creative! Maybe I am a fuddy-duddy, but please, don't mess with my food!

For example, Paul is always wanting to add a new ingredient to my famous caramel-brownie recipe. His idea for adding M&M's was awesome. But jelly beans? --- his coworkers gave that a thumbs down (I told him!).

For his birthday, he wanted caramel brownies instead of birthday cake. Today, he presented me with some strawberry pop rocks to add to the brownies. Ugh! Sure, I'll do it - it's his birthday dessert, but I'm leaving it off 2 brownies so I can eat them the way they are supposed to taste.

On Saturday, when I was working my hiney off trying to get the house ready to show, I didn't eat breakfast or lunch. I asked Abbie to follow me around and feed me a candy bar (not nutricious but easy), and yes, that is how busy I was. But then I got really thirsty, and she went to fix me a drink. When I heard stirring, I knew she was making a concoction. Ugh! I don't like it when people mess with my food or drink! She brought me some funny colored milk (I especially like my milk un-fooled around with). But I was gracious and drank it. It was her famous "mystery milk" recipe and actually tasted good (and I told her that and thanked her but secretly, I just wanted plain milk...).

On Sunday, Paul fixed both of us a bowl of Pink Salad. I noticed he had put some pop rocks on his serving. I cheered and said, "what a great idea!" (meaning - that is a creative way for YOU to mess with your food and use those pop rocks you bought). Then I looked in my bowl and noticed it had pop rocks too. {SIGH} I said, "Paul you KNOW I don't like my food messed with unless you ask me first. I've told you and told you that!" And he said, "But you cheered when you saw my bowl..." Then I had to explain why I cheered. And by the way, he had already put the pop rocks in my bowl before I cheered so that is not why he did it.

I ate the pop rocks on my Pink Salad. It wasn't horrible. But I would have preferred it without.

In other news, a couple looked at our house on Saturday. They really like it. But they have low-balled our offer. We'd love to sell it without a realtor commission, but we're not calling them back right away to let them sweat it a little. And we're still putting the house on the market so they're going to have to make a better offer.

Strange news of the week - my niece and her fiance stayed with us this weekend. As they were leaving on Sunday, Mike said, "there is a bird in your attic." Not the strangest news in the world. He said, "As I was packing the car, I kept hearing a tapping noise. I kept looking around but couldn't find the source. Until I looked up at your attic window. It's a big bird - I think a crow." I couldn't believe it! I wren or robin or black bird - I could believe that, but a large crow? I asked him to go up there and open the window so it could get out. I think it is out now, but I still can't figure out how a large crow got in. It's not like we have a big hole anywhere.....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oooooh, could the crow be some sort of "sign"? :) I would not want any candy (especially Pop Rocks even though I like them) on my food or in my drink. Ugh!