Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6-16-09

Got up. Late. Abbie was still asleep.

I ate cereal (now that I have real milk again!). Finished my book.

I heard Abbie moaning and thought she was having a bad dream. I went to check, and it turned out that a cat got rambunctious on the bed, and she had a claw hole in her thumb. I looked at it, and she YELLED at me, "Get a bandaid!!!!". I need to teach her the word STAT! Apparently, getting rudely awakened by an injury can make an 8 year old super grumpy. The bandaid made it all better though. I could be a nurse.

It did rain this morning, and I thought our pool trip would be cancelled, but it cleared up quick. It took a million years to get ready, but we finally made it to the pool. I refuse to get more swimming lessons this year because the kid can swim. She just lacks confidence - not in everything, just some things. At the pool, I had her swim across the pool without touching, and I had her jump off the side of the pool in the deep end and swim to the ladder. And I had her practice treading water. She doesn't want to jump off the diving board, but she has, and I'm sure she will soon. I just have to keep working on her. Not pushing, just buoying.

Then she went to her first summer ballet class and some of her pals were there too.

Came home, and I fixed supper. Paul got home sooner than I thought. He had a rough day so he took a nap. I made spaghetti, rolls, and fried squash (cubed and dusted in cornmeal - yum!).

Then I cleaned house. Bleck!

Paul went outside to finish pressure washing the driveway. A big storm came, and he got his raincoat and finished the job. What a trooper!

No comments: