Wednesday, June 17, 2009

6-17-09

Slept late again today. For some reason, Paul and I have been going to bed at 1:00 am. Not sure how it keeps happening. Then, when in bed, I still can't sleep. Usually, around 2 am, I start to get drowsy. Yesterday, I had no caffeine and took no naps and still went to bed at 1 am.

After breakfast, I cleaned house ALL DAY. Ugh! I did laundry too, and I guess that is why it took so long because normally I can clean it all in 2 hours.

Made a big batch of Kool-Aid today. Later when I blew my nose, it was pink!

We have 3 full baths, but we only use 1. I have banned the use of the other 2 because I don't want to clean them every time we have to show the house. Sometimes, after I vacuum, I say, "keep your carpet walking to a minimum." Hee Hee, I just say it to bug them b/c they'll believe me for a little while.

I made Abbie a grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. That is about the best combo. I think I like it better than pb & j.

When the house was finally clean, Abbie and I went to the library and switched out some books.

Then we met Paul at Yong Asian House for some Thai Pineapple Fried Rice - yum! The house was being shown, otherwise, we would have had leftovers.

To kill more time, Paul wanted to buy ingredients for Caramel Brownies - otherwise known as "Lorrie's awesome recipe for caramel brownies" - otherwise known as "How much more can Paul screw with the recipe for Lorrie's awesome caramel brownies." Here are some candies he and Abbie pondered adding to the recipe: orange slices, laffy taffy, salt water taffy, and other terrible ideas. At one point, he considered making them mint chocolate caramel brownies, and I told him that might be a good combo, but no, that wasn't weird enough! They finally settled on strawberry milkshake whoppers!!!! Can you believe it? Paul says they were terrible. Thank goodness they made me a small section that was "un-messed-around-with." I don't think I'm going to share with them since they won't listen to me. Paul says, "How can we know how awesome these brownies could be if we don't experiment?" Excellent question. I think experimentation is fun and educational. But I said, "What if the brownie recipe already has the perfect combinations? What if they are already the best they can be?" Well, I guess he will need to keep testing his theory in order to reach my conclusion. Paul was going to take half of the brownies to work tomorrow, but they're so terrible, he can't take any now. Hee Hee!

No comments: