Saturday, February 7, 2009

More Random Thoughts

I've been lax on blog posts lately. I'm back in the "I think of a topic when I'm driving in the car but not when i'm on the computer" rut. So I'm doing random again.

1. Abbie almost quit ballet, but we switched classes and teachers and the day of the week that she goes. Now she is happy. The girls are more her age, one girl is also in her class at school. And she even wanted to join the jazz class that starts right after ballet.

2. Abbie and I are supposed to start our animal shelter volunteer work this month.

3. We got Abbie some new bedroom furniture today. A desk and dresser - this has been a long time in coming. We tend to be shoppers but not buyers. When we left today, I told Paul we were coming home with a desk no matter what. (I know if I went furniture shopping without him, I could make decisions much quicker). We were supposed to buy her a dresser 2 years ago...

4. While Abbie was at school on Friday, I semi-cleaned her room. She is a collector, and her room was at maximum capacity. I sorted books for storage and threw away trash - my definition of trash, not hers.

5. We had two snow days last week. It got really cold, like 15 degrees but felt like 9 degrees. Today, it was sunny and a balmy 57. Only a light jacket was needed.

6. At the end of school on Friday, Abbie got a sudden playdate invite. She went and they eventually invited her to spend the night too. She spent the night with a boy from her class!!!!! But she slept with his sister. There is no romance going on (that I know of).

7. My to-do list for next week is looking huge. I may need to brew a pot of coffee each day - and a jug of tea - just to get through it all. Now if I could just commit to sitting down and writing the to-do list.

8. I need a pill. Is there a "just git 'er done!" pill? Lately, I am starting but not finishing lots of projects.

9. since that "Holy Moley" post, I noticed that there were ads on my blog for mole-rid-dot-com. That cracks me up! But I am mildly curious. Could there really be a miracle root that would make my moles disappear? And I swear I have a new mole on my forehead. I will have to look at some recent photos to verify.

10. We saw 2 movies this weekend. We saw Underworld 3 on Friday night while Abbie was at the sleepover. Today, we took her to see Pink Panther 2. I laughed, in a couple of places, so hard that I had tears running down my face. I could be wrong, but I noticed that other people started laughing after they could hear how tickled I was. Paul thinks they were laughing because Abbie was so cute laughing. Who knows? We have the first Steve Martin Pink Panther on order from Netflix. Abbie loves the "I would like a hamburger" line.

11. I dreamed about Matthew and Katrina last night. I dreamed that they came to visit and brought their ferret (they don't have a ferret).

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Don't be watching all the good movies in case we go see one next weekend! LOL That is too funny about the mole ads. I don't have ads on my blog and wondered why you do? I can't wait to see Abbie's new furniture. :)