Sunday, February 8, 2009

Paranoid

Within the last 12 months, I have received 2 speeding tickets. The first time, I was caught in a classic speed trap.
The second time, I was hurrying. I was 5 minutes late meeting a friend at a volunteer job. I was going 28 in a 15 mph zone - a school zone - yikes!
I am so paranoid that I am going to get another speeding ticket. I think I'm doing better watching my speed, but any time I let my mind wander (deep in thought), I catch myself being over the posted speed limit. Not always by much, but....
I do have V-6 engine, but my car isn't a sports car, and I don't stomp the cash pedal. Besides doing a lot of day dreaming and thinking deep thoughts, I will blame the hills of East TN. Those hills cause my car to go too fast!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Use your cruise control when no one is nearby. I even do it on the road that goes by school since they sit there a lot radaring. I put it on 40 and just get lost in my thoughts. ;)