Monday, February 23, 2009

Fabulous Beach Weekend

Thanks to my good friend, Leslie, and her multi-million dollar beach house, I had a fabulous long weekend in South Carolina.

A few of my favorite things about the weekend:
getting my pick of the 6 bedrooms (all with 800 thread count sheets, no less)
having my own luxurious marble bathroom
sipping mimosas in the hot tub on the extensive deck
sitting and reading and listening to the waterfall at the front of the house (there is a wall with a large heron molded into the teal colored tiles in the fountain thats built into the house)
swimming laps in the pool on the second story
standing on the fourth story, watching the waves roll in

Those are my favorite things.

But my MOST favorite things were:
spending 4 days with good, good people
being relaxed
getting my pictures organized for another scrapbooking weekend coming up
not having to clean my house, do laundry or worry with a schedule
laughing and walking down the streets of Charleston
eating good seafood
having a friend who invites me to her beach house
having a friend who gives me the sand dollars she finds
having a friend who doesn't complain about the smell of the the dead starfish she let us bring home
having a friend who you can tell stories such as "I read this question in a magazine..." while pretending to seriously shop in the Gucci store

Thanks, Leslie!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

ROFL You may get more comments with this post. :) I'm glad you had a great time and while I'm sorry I don't have that multimillion dollar beach house to share with my friends, the one I have is pretty fun. ;) I read "heron" as "heroin" at first. LOL Oh yeah, the Gucci discussion and what about the Boing guy looking at me as he talks about "impregnating" coffee beans at Piggly Wiggly? Hahahahaha! Oh and we cannot forget Patricia Kimberly Vanderbilt.