Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Amazing

It doesn't take much to amaze me (usually).
Today, I was typing the board minutes from a recent school board meeting.
I learned how to type in high school - on a typewriter, before keyboarding or computers were mainstream. It wasn't too hard to learn, but I was never the fastest or the most accurate.
It amazes me that I can look a paper (and not the keyboard or the computer screen), and the words race from the paper to my eyes through my brain and out to my fingers. And if I really, really, really relax my mind and don't think about what my fingers are doing, I can type fairly accurately. I am totally unconscious of what my fingers are doing yet they are hitting the right key every time. I just think that is nifty!
Of course, when I look at the screen or down at the keyboard, that's when my typing gets all wonky and slow.
It makes me wonder...if I really, really, really relax my mind, could I teleport like Hiro Nakamura? Hmmm...

No comments: