Thursday, September 11, 2008

Charleston

Believe it or not, we are heading out of town this weekend for an impromptu trip to the beach. We'll be in the Charleston area. It is only 5 hours from here. I didn't know that until I went in February with a friend to her beach house there. I wish I had known all this time that Charleston was so close. It is one cool little southern beach town!
If you've never been, the historic buildings are pretty awesome. After my February trip, I came home with a thirst for more knowledge about the civil war and slavery. I consumed several books and videos while trying to get answers to my questions. I love research (when it is something I want to know).
We'll be staying on the beach. We'll arrive Friday and leave Sunday - too short for me but better than nothing! Yay - I get my annual beach fix!
The coolest thing is that this was mostly Paul's idea (he's more of the stay-at-home type person). And Abbie gets some credit because she made a special wish on a "wishing fluff" and the wish came true.

No comments: