Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Living with a Genius

Sometimes, it is hard to live with a creative genius. I thought I'd give some props to my dear husband.
I 've already told about his fun treasure hunts. Very creative! Now to the next thing -
Whenever there is a potluck at work, he comes home and announces his meal responsibility to me - usually the night before...after I've finished cooking....when I'm ready to put my feet up. Ugh! I've gotten really tired of this, and he knows it. But last week, he gave me plenty of notice that he had volunteered to take my special caramel brownies to work. I bought all the ingredients that we would need. Then I told him that I would help HIM make the brownies.
We watch Food Network quite a bit, but he still has trouble moving around the kitchen. It's fun to watch.
When we get to the part about adding the chocolate morsels, he gets a crazy idea to substitue m&m's! I said it sounded like a fine idea, but I couldn't predict how they would turn out since I had never done it that way.
We did it his way, and the brownies were more fabulous than usual! I think the outer shell of the m&m's kept the chocolate from melting all the way and there was a nice chocolate chunk in each bite. Now, why couldn't I have thought of this?
Oh well, I enjoyed the results!
We've decided to make the brownies once a month and change up the ingredients each time. Next time, I think we'll use white chocolate morsels (and maybe macadamia nuts). And caramel, lots of caramel.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Hey that picture reminds me of Dad. Something about how Paul is standing and shaking the wheel barrow. He just needs a hat to cover all the hair.