Sunday, June 8, 2008

I can do some things

Tagged from another blog - although I removed a few items that would have embarassed me.

The Rules: Bold the things you can do and you leave in normal type the things you can’t. Sarcastic comments in parenthesis are encouraged.

1. Give advice that matters in one sentence.

2. Tell if someone is lying.

3. Take a photo.

4. Score a baseball game. (Huh?)

5. Name a book that matters.

6. Know at least one musical group as well as is possible. (I am not a fact memorizer).

7. Cook meat somewhere other than the grill. (But I always have to check the recipe or look up cooking time instructions).

8. Not monopolize the conversation. (I can do this, but I do like to talk.)

9. Write a letter.

10. Buy a suit.

11. Swim three different strokes.

12. Show respect without being a suck-up.

13. Throw a punch. (I'm not going to bold this one, but I think I could. After all, I grew up with an older brother.)

14. Chop down a tree. (Don't even want to.)

15. Calculate square footage.

16. Tie a bow tie.

17. Make one drink, in large batches, very well. (do you like pina coloda?)

18. Speak a foreign language. (In all honesty, I can't bold this one, but I wish I could.)

19. Approach a woman/man out of his/her league.

20. Sew a button.

21. Do a cartwheel.

22. Name flowers on sight. (but not with the biological name.)

23. Be loyal.

24. Know his poison, without standing there, pondering like a dope.

25. Drive an eightpenny nail into a treated two-by-four without thinking about.

26. Cast a fishing rod without shrieking or sighing or otherwise admitting defeat.

27. Play gin with an old guy.

28. Play go fish with a kid.

29. Understand quantum physics well enough that he can accept that a quarter might, at some point, pass straight through the table when dropped.

30. Feign interest. (I hate to do that.)

31. Make a bed.

32. Describe a glass of wine in one sentence without using the terms nutty, fruity, oaky, finish, or kick.
33. Hit a jump shot in pool.

34. Dress a wound.

35. Jump-start a car. Change a flat tire. Change the oil.

36. Make three different bets at a craps table. (I've never gotten the opportunity to play.)

37. Shuffle a deck of cards.

38. Tell a joke.

39. Know when to split his cards in blackjack.

40. Speak to an eight-year-old so he/she will hear.

41. Speak to a waiter so he will hear.

42. Talk to a dog so it will hear.

43. Install: a disposal, an electronic thermostat, or a lighting fixture without asking for help. (Help!)

44. Ask for help.

45. Break another man’s grip on his wrist. (I hope I could if I had to.)

46. Tell a woman’s dress size.

47. Recite one poem from memory. (Not anymore, but I know a lot of nursery rhymes.)

48. Remove a stain.

49. Say no.

50. Fry an egg sunny-side up. (I just scramble.)

51. Build a campfire. (Paul always beats me to it, but I think I could.)

52. Step into a job no one wants to do.

53. Sometimes, kick some ass. (I practice a lot of restraint.)

54. Break up a fight.

55. Point to the north at any time. (I am so so bad at this. I can't find my way out of a paper bag.)

56. Create a play-list in which ten seemingly random songs provide a secret message to one person.

57. Explain what a light-year is.

58. Avoid boredom.

59. Write a thank-you note.

60. Be brand loyal to at least one product.

61. Cook bacon. ( And it's turkey bacon these days.)

62. Hold a baby.

63. Deliver a eulogy.

64. Cook a meal without recipes.

65. Throw a baseball over-hand with some snap.

66. Throw a football with a tight spiral.

67. Shoot a 12-foot jump shot reliably.

68. Find his/her way out of the woods if lost.

69. Tie a knot.

70. Shake hands.

71. Iron a shirt. (Paul says I'm not good at it.)

72. Stock an emergency bag for the car.

73. Give a good back massage.

74. Know some birds.

75. Negotiate a better price.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I like this tag, I learned a lot about you...it was funny because some stuff I didn't know and other stuff I was like oh yeah that is totally Lorrie.