Monday, June 23, 2008

We got 7!

Abbie and I went back to the Animal Shelter today. I was very, very, very, very sad to discover that my precious favorite kittens were no longer there. Abbie's first and second choice kittens were no longer there. I noticed several differences from the day before. On a positive note, they could have been adopted. I'll just keep telling myself that!
I am so behind on posting pictures. Paul has been hogging the computer so I use the laptop (and I don't download photos on the laptop). I promise to catch up soon.
I knew in my heart that we would come home with more than one kitten. I was going to get one of those precious, sweet, fluffy, ragdoll-like kittens and let Abbie get whichever one she wanted. What's one more cat?
Ultimately, Abbie chose a kitten that I really liked, but I really didn't persuade her. I let her hold everyone she pointed at.
Our new kitten is a boy - finally another boy in the house with Paul - this is our first boy cat. He is 8 weeks old and is a siamese mix. Currently, he is mostly white with peach points - ears and tail. Abbie saw him sleeping and said he looked like an angel cat, hence his name, Angel.
He is currently ensconced in the master bathroom since we are having company soon. We need to keep him separated from Baby until he gets his shots. His vet appointment is Thursday.
Paul called after lunch to see how many kittens we actually got (he knows me so well). I told him 7.
He was surprised when he got home and we had only one. If I had gotten a second kitten today, it would have been an emotional decision and possibly a poor decision. Paul says I can get as many cats as I want if I make them outdoor cats. Hmmm. He's probably going to be sorry he told me that.

No comments: