Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mimosa Tree

Another post about trees and a trip down memory lane.
Mimosa trees are currently in bloom. I love these trees and would love to have one in my yard. These are plentiful by the roadsides. I'd love to just pull one up and bring it home.
My grandmother (my dad's mom) had one in her yard. Growing up, I visited her pretty much every week (that's where my dad lived when my parents divorced and he still lives in this house today-he bought it from my grandparents). I would climb this tree all the time. There was a specific spot that was particularly comfortable for lounging - where you could be off the ground and look down and around at your surroundings and watch everything going on. If my cousins were visiting, I did not like sharing my spot.
That tree is gone now - either it died of disease or got struck by lightning (I'll have to ask my dad).

No comments: