Tuesday, October 21, 2008

{{{{{{ BIG SIGH }}}}}} ----- Edited

I don't even know where to get started. I am so disgusted with myself.

It's 8:30 pm, and we are putting Abbie to bed. Paul tickles her and gets her giggling. But then he looks at me and starts laughing and tells Abbie that I am a smurf.

I had on blue pajama bottoms so that's what I thought he meant. Then I thought maybe I had something stuck in my teeth (but I had not eaten anything blue).

Abbie looks at me and starts laughing too. Apparently, I have something blue on my face. Amidst her giggles, Abbie says that the blue stuff has been there EVER SINCE SHE GOT IN THE CAR AT SCHOOL THIS AFTERNOON!!!!! That was at 3:15 pm, people! Do the math!

I run to look in the mirror and see blue stuff on my chin and all up the left side of my cheek - it's light blue, not dark blue, but it is very noticable.

I took a shower about an hour before I picked her up at school and clearly remember washing my face b/c I had to use bar soap which I don't like to do. Where did this blue stuff come from?

Luckily, I did not talk to any parents while in the car line today. I did see the teacher as she put Abbie in the car, but surely she didn't see the blue stuff from the right, rear side of the car. {Edited --- in the middle of the night, I remembered that I did speak to two teachers at my car yesterday. One in particular got a really good look at my smurf face!}

But unfortunately, Abbie and I went to the new Earthfare store after school and spent an hour shopping in there.

{Sigh}

This is a very weird coincidence after what happened last week. I'm getting paranoid now about all these embarassing "face" problems.

Paul told Abbie that she needs to tell me if she notices something odd like that!!! Crap! Maybe I need to stash mirrors everywhere. Am I losing my mind?

All I can figure is that I washed Paul's bathrobe today, and it is very dark blue and it bled onto some towels that were in the machine with it. I dried the towels and folded them today. But they were dry. Could blue stuff have gotten on me then? If they were dry? Did I get blue stuff on me when I moved the towels from the washer to the dryer when they were still wet?

Good grief! I'm scared to leave the house!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh Lorrie! Not again!! LOL We can always do buddy checks. I'm sure at this point you will be obsessively checking mirrors before going anywhere or talking to anyone.