Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Fall Y'All

That's a little folksy saying that you see around town this time of year. Our weather has gotten cooler, leaves are turning and falling, and the weather is mostly perfect. We're not wearing shorts much anymore, and we need jackets in the morning and some evenings.
We bought some additional mums for some pretty fall color. We haven't bought pumpkins yet - we'll probably do that closer to halloween. Maybe we'll go to the corn maze/pumpkin patch again.
Unfortunately, we'll have to start raking soon (or pay someone to do it). I always feel guilty if our leaves blow into the neighbor's yard. Luckily, the weather is nice enough that we won't sweat to death if we work outside.
I told Abbie this morning that we'd probably start seeing the wild turkeys in the corn fields soon. Maybe even some deer.
I've decided to dress up with Abbie this year for Halloween. She's going to be a black cat, and I am going to be a witch. I really like the hat that I got!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We've had some spottings of wild turkeys. Oh, and the first field on the right when you turn onto Saylor Road - we saw a young deer running around in it last week around 3:30 in the afternoon!! Weird! The kids and I decided that maybe a fox or coyote had spooked it. I saw a fox in that same field last year and have seen two coyotes while on that road!!