Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Dad Says, Part 1

I spoke to my dad today. About how he used to be a tight wad. About how he has worked hard to get what little he has in his savings account. About how he should NOT be loaning money to people who are his so-called friends. He'll never see that money again.
He said, "You know what the worst part of getting old is?"
I guessed, "Becoming too tender hearted?" This is why he loans the money in the first place.
He said, "The worst part of getting old is getting old!"
Awwww, my poor dad.
I'm glad I'm able to help him and look out for him. If he'll just listen to me about the loaning money part.....

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My parents keep telling me that it's not fun growing old. They are in their early 60s. Wade and I are already dreading it.

Annie said...

I've never met you dad, but I wish I could. He sounds hilarious!

By the way (comment for your other post) you are not going crazy, the universe is just throwing you some crazy strange coincidences. I know it is not funny, but I had to laugh. I can totally picture myself doing something like that (both times) and kicking myself for it later. I know I have done it, I just can't think of an example right now. It happens to everyone. Its just too bad it had to happen to you twice in one week:)