Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What Would You Do If....

What would you do if you were gloved up to the elbows - one hand holding and scrubbing with the toilet brush - one hand holding a clean hanky over your nose & mouth - meticulously cleaning the toilet when, suddenly, someone came along and sat down on the toilet while you were doing the chore?
Actually, I don't wear gloves or cover my nose/mouth with a hanky when I clean the toilet. Someone, somewhere probably does {which is a-okay}. And for the record, a comma seemed necessary around the "when suddenly" comment, but I wasn't sure where it was needed. And of course, I needed the dashes - they are my trademark!
Okay, so no one interrupted me while I cleaned the toilet today.
But everytime I scoop the litterbox, the kittens (both of them) get keenly interested and realize they have "to go" right that minute!
Of course, I don't stop them. You never want to interfere with a cat using the privy - that could lead to bad consequences. So I have to be patient - sort of - and divert my attention elsewhere in an attempt to give them privacy. But I am impatient so when they are finished, I cover up the stuff for them and then scoop it out. While I am gloved and masked.

No comments: