Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm A Big Turkey

At least I feel like one. I hope this is funny and doesn't turn out to be a too-much-information gross story.
Today, I needed to run 2 errands before picking up Abbie at school. I needed to go to the craft store and grocery store.
Before leaving the house, I washed my face before doing make up. During this routine, I found a zit (right side of forehead) and took care of it - trying to keep the details to a minimum. I put a leetle tiny piece of toilet paper on the zit (like men do when they cut themselves shaving).
Then I applied some blush and mascara and removed the toilet paper. I was ready to go!
I went to the craft store.
I went to the grocery store.
I had time and decided to stop at my favorite little sandwich shop. They had my favorite lemon and pineapple salad. Yes! And I got some tea.
Then I went to school, got in the car line, started reading my book, started eating, and called to RSVP for a birthday party - yes, I multitask like this all the time.
As I am waiting for the other party to answer the phone, a male parent walks up to the passenger side window and stands there waiting for me to roll the window down. The other party is not answering the phone so I disconnect and roll the window down. He and I proceed to have a detailed conversation about important things.
When Abbie gets in the car, we finish our conversation and I pull out of line. I give Abbie my usual cheerful Hello, and she says, "Mom, why do you have toilet paper on your face?"
Good mooglie googlie!
I'm trying to pull out of line, flip my mirror down and look all at the same time. Surely, I don't have toilet paper stuck to my face!!??!!
Yep!
I did pull off the first leetle piece of t.p. but then applied one more leetle piece just to be sure it wasn't bleeding anymore. And left the house with it on my face. And went to two stores plus a drive thru with it on my face. And had a long conversation with a dude with t.p. on my face. And he was standing on the right side of my car with a perfect view of that portion of my face.
I swear these things only happen to me!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am literally hee-hawing over here, Lorrie!!!!! LOL Oh. my. goodness. LOL Oh my! I am so sorry for your misfortune but thank you for giving me a good belly laugh. It's been a while. So THIS was the post you had asked if I'd read. LOL

BTW, where do you get the scrumptious sounding salad?? Yummm!

Foster Kittens said...

You get that salad at Java Rush, but her menu changes everyday (on the salads anyway). I never know when I can get it. The bottom is lemony - like pudding - with pineapple then there is a small layer of grated cheese, whipped cream and a few sprinkles of chopped pecans. Sounds weird, but I really like it!