Saturday, October 18, 2008

Paul Says - Part 1

Paul says, "Joe the plumber doesn't get paid enough."

Today, I was trying to do a thorough cleaning of the kitchen. Since we spend so much time in our kitchen/sitting room, it seems like this area always needs to be cleaned. This room is either tidy (hardly ever) or downright dirty (sometimes) or quite messy (usually).
I hardly ever use one side of my sink so this is where my dish drainer sits - I got this idea from my good friend, Leslie. Putting the dish drainer down in the sink, frees up more counter space.
Unfortunately, clean dishes & utensils that we are too lazy to put away get stashed in the drainer and stay there for quite some time. Today, I decided to clean out the drainer and the sink too.
While cleaning the sink, I discovered that water wouldn't drain on the side where the drainer sits.
Enter Paul, the plumber, who thinks he can fix it!
After repeatedly putting a "snake" thing down the drain, he realizes that it's not helping. So he gets a bucket and a towel and removes the U joint under the sink.
What a disgusting smell!
With a fork that Paul later throws away, he digs some sort of gloop from the pipes. Then he fishes the U joint from the bucket and discovers that the U joint is completely clogged with this thick gloop - no water was going to get through it.
When Paul got a whiff of the gunk in the pipe, that is when he said, "Joe the plumber doesn't get paid enough."
The pipes are all clean now. Afterwards, Paul was so grossed out that he had to take a shower. He even wanted to throw away the dish towel that got some sink water splashed on it. But I wouldn't let him. I immediately threw it in the washing machine with some bleach. It'll be fine.
However, Paul swears he can still smell the nasty gunk/gloop stink from the pipe.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh poor Paul! That is a funny story. What a hilarious thing to say in the middle of all that. I could not do "Joe's" job, thats for sure, that smell would be so horrible. Tell Paul that I would probably want to throw the towel away too:)

Leslie said...

Blech! It doesn't have anything to do with how he puts anything and everything down the garbage disposal, does it? LOL That's just nasty. No telling what we have backing up in our pipes in other rooms in our house. Yuck!