Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Mom

On Sunday, my mom came to my church's Christmas program (this is different than the one I've already blogged about).
The theme was "Top 10 Christmas Songs." The congregation voted on their favorites. For the program, the top ten were revealed and a church member pretended to be a dj "countin' em" down. It was humorous!
When we got to the #1 song, the choir came down the aisles and lit our candles (they handed us the candles when we first got there). They didn't give a candle to any of the children (probably for the best), but they did give them an electric thing that looked like a candle (battery powered).
When everyone's candle was lit, I saw my mom cut her eyes down to Abbie. She swapped out her real candle with Abbie's fake one. I pretended not to notice. I saw my mom peek at me to see if I would protest.
Of course, I didn't protest. I had been thinking of doing the same thing. Abbie can be trusted.
Grandmothers are the best!

No comments: