Monday, December 15, 2008

A Year in Review

Abbie took this picture of me jumping in a pile of leaves that we had raked.

I've been thinking about this past year, and there are several things I've done for the very first time.

1. Taught an adult Sunday school class - never, never thought I'd do this. I know my limits, and I'm not a gifted teacher or Bible scholar, but a nice lady needed a substitute for a month so I said I'd do it. Luckily there is a teaching guide or I'd be completely sunk. I've substituted two months this year and don't have any plans for doing it full time.

2. Wrote a grant for a non-profit organization.

3. Wrote a press release for a non-profit organization.

4. Ate at a middle eastern restaurant.

5. Ate at an Indian restaurant (maybe I've done that before - way back when I was a really picky eater and not very adventurous).

6. Rode on a 4 wheeler

7. Flew in a helicoptor (that may be a little over a year ago)

8. Went to Red Rocks Canyon

9. Went to the Spy Museum in Washington D.C.

10. Rode the Metro (with proficiency and without getting lost) in Washington D.C.

11. Tried Red Curry Thai dish and discovered that I like it a lot!

12. Played a Wii

13. Learned to use an iPod

14. Can text proficiently

15. Served on the Grand Jury

There's probably things I'm forgetting, but that's a pretty good list.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Lots of fun new things! Don't ever expect me to have the red curry thai dish on my list or I wouldn't be able to write the list. *croak* ;) I was proud of myself when I went to Chicago a couple of years ago and road a taxi, metro train and bus line all by myself! Maybe us country girls could make it in the big city afterall. LOL