Friday, December 19, 2008

Weird Conversations

The other day, we were having a regular conversation that morphed into an odd topic. I'm sure this happens to most people.
We were discussing what you would change your name to if you absolutely had to. Abbie didn't want to change her name at all. I told her to pretend that all the A names were being removed from the name dictionary and she had to pick a new name or she would be assigned Zelda. So she chose Love. I asked her how she came up with that, and she said the early colonists had names like that.
Paul chose Darth Vader.
How can you top that? I never revealed my choice. I'd need a lot of time to think about it.
Then Paul changed the conversation to super powers.
Here's the back story - you know how some people believe that they were born as the wrong sex? A boy believes he was meant to be a girl or a girl believes she was meant to be a boy?
Well, I think Paul was supposed to have been born as a superhero.
Back to the current topic - Paul asked what super powers we would choose. Paul chose the ability to fly and being indestructible. Abbie chose being super fast and the ability to change into any animal. And having a force field. Again, I had a hard time deciding. I'm pretty sure I'd pick flying, but I couldn't decide on a second super power.
Then Paul twisted the topic - he asked, "what if the only way you could fly was that you had to be naked - would you still choose the ability to fly?"
I said it'd be easier for a girl to fly naked than a boy. I asked him if he'd fly with his belly pointing toward the ground or his back pointing to the ground.
I won't reveal his answer, but you can ask him in Park City.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

ROFL!! Oh my goodness. As a kid I always wanted to fly and had dreams about it. I would enjoy these weird conversations. You know how they have books with questions, you should write one with weird questions. ;)