Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Paul Says, Part 3

Paul has been doing several (very much, a lot, a whole lot) projects around the house. He is very good at electrical work - wiring and putting in new lights. Doesn't interest me at all. My friend, Leslie, told me that she recently installed a new light fixture and that it was easy - you just match up the colors of the wires. Still not interested - mainly because I'd have to go in the garage and figure out which switch to flip to turn off the power. I just don't wanna do it, but I do clean toilets without a lot of complaining, and I'm good at it.

Back to Paul.

Paul has also gotten really good at plumbing work. He installed a brand new sink in the master bath (new sink top, new cabinet, and new faucets). Then I discovered that the sink downstairs was leaking so he had to fix that before our open house last Sunday. He says, "I've learned a few things about plumbing. When you think you've wrapped the teflon tape around the pipe enough, you need to go ahead and wrap it about ten more times." He's had to learn that the hard way.

Yesterday, he also said that he needs a second wife - one that cooks. I said, "amen!" Then I said, "where is she going to sleep?"

Luckily, he gave a good response. I was the only one thinking of the naughty thing he could have said.

Guess I'm going to the grocery store today!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

ROFL about him coming out with the good answer. I have a hubby that is NOT a fix-it man so I have to figure these things out and help him. He'd rather pay someone and growing up with my dad being the Jack of all trades, I think we can do it. I've learned for the most part though. I'll have to tell him about using more plumbers tape - maybe that is our problem sometimes. ;)