Friday, May 23, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things (indoors). I'll do outdoors at another time. These are in no particular order:

Baby - our fat cat
Paul and Abbie's Lego creations
Maybe Paul and Abbie could get a job as a Lego engineer.


Sorry this is horizontal, I am too lazy to rotate it. This is a measuring cup from Pampered Chef. It measures liquids on one end and solids on the other end. What I like most about it is that it has tons of different measurements (ounces, cups, teaspoons, etc) - any measurement you could ever want.
Here is the solid measuring side. And no, I don't sell Pampered Chef; I just love their products.
Biosilk, Silk Therapy. You can get it at Target and it is expensive, but you only need a tiny, tiny amount. It smells SO good.
Colorful things - like this rug. It is new. It will be a bathroom rug at some point even though it does not currently match my current old timey bathroom wallpaper. It is chenille and super soft!And did I mention colorful?
Asian pears - yumm-mee!

Sunglasses - I cannot leave the house without a pair. I only buy the cheap kind otherwise I tend to drive over and crunch expensive ones.
3 things - reading, going to the library & bookstore, and reading chapter books with Abbie.
Abbie's drawings. Here is a rare picture of something other than bunnies as the subject.
My Pampered Chef kitchen shears. I use these puppies for EVERYTHING!
Are you seeing a trend here? This is my Pampered Chef spatula. I have many spatulas, and they all have nicks in them. This pair does not. They are superior and unfortunately, I only have this one from this brand. :(



My favorite thing is not so much the chandelier, it is that it is pretty and sparkly and clean because I climbed up there and painstakingly hand cleaned all those little crystals. As I finished, I realize that there was an easier way to do it - I'll try that next time.
Abbie!
All the beautiful peonies that I inherited from Victor (I didn't technically inherit them but given permission to dig up and replant at home). These are a sense of pride for me. I have loved peonies since I was a child and wanted to use them in my wedding, but I got married in June and they bloom in May.
This color is a real show stopper!
I also love the white fluffy ones - they make a beautiful bouquet, and these also smell nice. And actually these peonies do count as an "indoor" favorite thing since they are currently indoor.




1 comment:

Annie said...

I love Biosilk too! It really works great, but a tad bit pricey. Hey guess what...we got a wii fit! I will write more about it on my blog later...it is so much fun!!! You have to try it, I really get a work out and I love the yoga.