Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am a wuss

I am a wuss, I am wishy-washy, I am fickle. Ugh! I never knew that these words could describe me.
Maybe a better description of me is that I am a regretful blogger. Weeks from now, I'll think of something I said in my blog, and I'll regret it. I'll worry about it, and eventually, I'll go back and edit a post.
Things I have regretted: using swear words (even though I don't ususally swear out loud (I didn't say never), I do swear in my thoughts. For example, when the alarm goes off in the morning, unintentionally, I will think "WTF!?" The whole phrase, not that anacronym.
I have regretted saying that I might look at p0rnn at the bookstore. Usually, you can't find p0rnn at the bookstore, but I worry that someone might misinterpret my attempts at being funny.
I worry that I will state an opinion that will be taken out of context. I would never intentionally offend anyone. I do have a lot of opinions, but these usually don't apply to anyone else's life except my own.
I'm not sure why I worry so much because I only know of 2 people who read my blog. But I start getting these visions of someone from the school board, or past classmate, or current friend will stumble upon my blog and be outraged at something!
But really, I have found that I am regrettful in real life too. Months later, I worry that I didn't officially say to good-bye to Katrina in LA, I regret that I said outloud that I don't care for Hilary Clinton while in LA. I will have lunch with a friend and weeks later, I will worry that I didn't offer to pick up the tip or that I may have talked too much and not listened enough or that I talked with my food in my mouth.
I feel better having admitted that I am capricious (Paul helped me with that word, he also suggested flighty!).
{Ahhhh, Grey's Anatomy ended on a really good note!}

3 comments:

Annie said...

Uggg. This sounds just like me. Honestly Lorrie, you and I are very similar. Let us come up with a new way of thinking...Regrets Reshmets! I do this way to much and I too and sick of it. You and I just need to start being those kind of crazy hard core be-otches that could care less. This is a new theory though, who knows how long this one will last. Flighty eh? Sounds like a good word to describe me. I don't think I would ever call you flighty! Your regrets made me laugh though...just what I needed to read when I am up at midnight unable to sleep:)
A~
PS...I don't really ever swear on my blog...but I really really want to sometimes...my mom reads it so it keeps me in check:)

Louisa said...

Hey Lorrie,
I read your blog! It's my treat for the work week when I get to check up on the TN and Vegas crews. And I love that your first thought when the alarm goes off is WTF. That is so funny since I would not have expected that of you. Now I have to wonder if I would loose in a swearing contest. Anna already has me beat.
Oddly enough, Anna and I were just talking about being worried about talking too much about ourselves and monopolizing conversations. So that is something I try to do better. If we are aware of it we can change right?
I love reading your blog Lorrie.
Louisa

Annie said...

Hi Louisa:) Good to see you making comments!
(This is Annie by the way:)