Friday, May 9, 2008

We're Back

We got home from Washington DC yesterday. We had great weather the whole time, no rain. The drive wasn't too bad either. We got to see all the major sites (except the White House and the Korean War Memorial). I'll post pictures and more details soon.
A funny thought struck me as we arrived in DC. I asked Paul if he thought the Scientolog....would be there picketing since there was the huge APA conference going on (the one Paul was attending) and because they are very anti-psychiatry. He said, "no." But I had my doubts.
One day, as Abbie and I were waiting at a crosswalk, a moving billboard drove by and it had all sorts of negative propaganda about psychiatrists, etc. It makes me really mad.
Another night, we were eating dinner at an amazing Italian restaurant, and this restaurant was right across the street from the Scient...Center. I wanted to yell, "Hey, Tom Cruise!" just to be funny (and to remember my funny and brave sister-in-law, Annie).

1 comment:

Annie said...

Lorrie,

I didn't know you guys were going to DC! How fun! Post pictures soon...pretty please:)