Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

A picture of Abbie's favorite rock at the rock exhibit at Bay's Mountain.

A wolf!
This is our 2nd trip to Bay's Mountain for Mother's Day (I requested this trip when Abbie was almost 2). We had a great time both times - walking the trails, communing with nature, enjoying the animals (most are there b/c they were injured and cannot return to the wild). They have a nice life here. The indoor exhibits at Bay's Mountain get better every year. Although, we don't go for the indoor exhibits. We just like to walk outside and notice stuff and pet the moss.
We petted a king snake today while Paul watched carefully from a distance. He was in fight or flight mode. He would not hold my hand until I had washed my hands. Abbie petted the snake too. I was proud of her. Unfortunately, the otters were not out today - they are my favorite animals to watch.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Lorrie, I love love love your haircut. You look good lady!! It makes me want to cut my hair, but I am on a hair cutting sabbatical (It has been almost 6 months) I am trying to grow mine back out:)