Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why Does It Work This Way?

Today is Sunday - the Lord's Day - I'm not supposed to work. But honestly, I usually do laundry after church. And sometimes I cook. But today - today, I worked my butt off. My back even hurts.
Tomorrow, painters are coming so I had to clear out the china cabinet. While I was at it, I cleaned all the glass on the china cabinet and polished all the wood surfaces. I walked back and forth to the living room 200 times while I transferred dishes to the coffee table in there.
Then I completely rearranged the laundry room. Maybe now it is the way I want it? Every time I rearrange in there, I think, "Why didn't I arrange it this way the first time? This is so much better." Why does it work this way? The fifth time organizing something, I get it right. So okay, I won't ever get a job as a professional organizer.
One of the reasons I had to re-do the laundry room is because I have moved the kittens (and all their paraphernalia) out of the guest bathroom. I love the new kittens, but I don't love all the extra poo. I am hoping they will like their litter box arrangement in the laundry room. If Abbie and I scoop their boxes twice a day, maybe it will smell as fresh as a daisy in there??!!??
Then I had to clear all of my sewing projects out of the sun room (where the painters will be working). And I had to move all my indoor plants out of there. Evidence was found of kittens playing in the dirt! I just finished mopping the sun room and the hallway (wood floors). I am pooped!
Once those floors dry, I have to go back and change the water and mop the tiled areas. Got to have the house looking neat for the painters, don'tcha know.
One thing that I am excited about is that the painters are going to finish (fix) the wall that Paul drywalled and left in an unfinished state.
I have to admit that I can be pretty lax on housework (the big jobs anyway), but once I decide to work on it, I work hard and do it right. I hand mopped the laundry room on my hands and knees so I could get all the nooks and crannies. Everything looks pretty clean in there.....until the cats decide to track litter everywhere. I predict that that will happen today.
Once I finish mopping, I will be mostly done. Except I do have a large stack of flippin' paperwork that I need to do something with (like organize, put away, work on). Maybe I'll do that after supper.... If only I had a fairy godmother who would "bippity bop" my stacks of clutter away!

No comments: