Friday, August 1, 2008

Twilight

Tonight is the book party for the next book in the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. The party starts at 10 pm and the book goes on sale at midnight. I am going to the party, and I thought about dressing up as a vampire, but I decided not to do that. So I'll just be people watching.
The Barnes and Noble "reservation ticket" said that there would be a coffin there for photo ops. That is so Anne Rice! The vampires in Twilight do not use coffins (if I remember correctly).
In other news, I have started - not one - but two - new cross stitch projects. I love to cross stitch, and I have not let myself start anymore of these projects since before Abbie was born. I prefer the really detailed projects by Mirabillia. I bought two kits because one is for home - it is set up on my scroll stand. I can watch TV and use both hands to stitch. This project will be a beautiful mermaid. The other kit is my "to go" project. I can work on it in waiting rooms, in the car line at school, or anywhere around the house. This kit is a Christmas tree with doves sitting in the branches, and it will have quite a few beads stitched into it.
More crafty news - my niece and I recently got together and sewed some really cute purses. I was at the fabric store (which is like going to the candy store), and I found a really cute purse kit. I'll have to post a picture b/c it came out so great - Vera Bradley, eat your heart out! And not only did I buy this purse pattern and material, but I spied an apron pattern that I just had to make too. So I bought that pattern and enough fabric for THREE aprons. I have cut out one apron, but I haven't sewn it yet. I need more projects like I need a mustache. I really don't know what I'm thinking sometimes. I must think I'm supergirl or something.
Painters come on Monday to paint the kitchen and sunroom. Today - Friday - I finally went and got the paint samples. The kitchen will be Georgian Green and the sunroom will be Westminster Gold (Benjamin Moore). I pretty excited about it, and I hope we can live with the colors we chose. I think it'll be alright. But I still need to take everything out of the china cabinet and get all my sewing stuff out of the sunroom. Chores that I will probably procrastinate until the nth hour. While the painters are here, I am going to have them give me a quote for painting the guest bath and master bath (which will include wallpaper removal). I will like those rooms so much better once the wallpaper comes down. We've lived here almost 8 years, and I have never decorated the guest bath, master bath or sunroom. These rooms have no curtains, no true deco elements. The sunroom has some plants and some pictures that are just "these-don't-go-anywhere-else-so-I-guess-I'll-put-them-here" leftovers. Once I get the rooms painted, hopefully, I can decorate each room one at a time as I save up the money.
Tomorrow, Saturday, we go to Greeneville to pick blueberries. Depending on the cost and how many we can pick, we are going to make a blueberry pie and make some blueberry freezer jam. Paul is going with us, and he's really looking forward to it. This is the same farm where I bought the Mulberry Jam.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I didn't know you were going to the Twilight party! Have fun! I made some raspberry jam last week and it turned out great. I have been buying blueberries on sale and freezing them for future pancake use.

I started a cross-stitch pattern about 4 months ago but have not gotten very far with it, you remind me I need to get that done. Sounds like you got a lot on your plate. How fun!

I think I remember telling you that I ordered Breaking Dawn from Amazon for 12.60...Great price eh? I don't actually remember if I told you or not, I had taken a muscle relaxer for my pain so I might have been out of it. I still hurt like crazy!!! I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

PS. Did I tell you I ordered an awesome book by Amanda Soule (Soule Mama) called The Creative Family...I will let you know how it is. You might want it for Abbie.