Saturday, November 29, 2008

Coupons, Part 3

This is my 3rd and final post about coupons (unless I forget that I'm done talking about it).

I used my Aerie coupon today! I remembered to take it to The Mall!

While shopping at Belk today, their register automatically generated a coupon for $10 off to be used in a specific time period. I like the coupons that they generate in store and give to you. That works for me (if I don't lose it and remember to use it during the specific time period).

I do NOT like how coupons work at Petsmart. I signed up for one the their Pet Perk cards and use it to get discounted prices. But I spend a lot of money there, and their registers do not generate coupons. I get a receipt that says that I need to get on the internet to get the coupon. I don't like this practice. It's not convenient and is not customer friendly.

At JCPenney's, I was checking out and saw a coupon near the register. I asked the guy if I could use it. He said, "Wait just a minute, you might qualify for a better discount." When he finished ringing up my items, I did qualify for a higher discount, and he gave it to me. Now THOSE are the kind of coupons that I like!

If a person is actually on-premises at a store, with items in hand that they plan to buy, and there is a coupon-sale going on; I think it is super customer service to give a person the discount even if they don't have a coupon with them. What a way to give someone a good impression and make them want to shop there again.

And I used a coupon at Hallmark today! Woo hoo - a 2 coupon day! But for the most part, I'm pretty much done with trying to keep up with them.

No comments: