Sunday, November 23, 2008

Paul's Favorite Christmas Goodies

For Paul, it's not Christmas unless I make some of his mom's recipes. Last night, I was organizing the recipes I usually make at Christmas. I've got to start making a shopping list. The Christmas Cake has lots of ingredients.
Even if I make recipes for sweets or appetizers that are new and delicious, Paul still craves and asks for the foods he had growing up.
Here are some of his favorites:
Liverwurst Pate
Veronica's Squares
Rum Balls
Shortbread Cookies
Christmas Cake

I hope I haven't forgotten anything. I don't always have time to make all of these. Last night, I asked Paul if he'd rather have rum balls or shortbread cookies. He couldn't make up his mind so I guess I'll make both.

My family has sampled some of Paul's family's holiday dishes, and they now ask that I make these for them too. They like:
Christmas Cake - my mom does
Liverwurst Pate - my brother and dad particularly like this
Crabmeat Spread - everybody likes this and gets mad if I don't make it
Mexican Dip - ditto the crabmeat spread comment

No comments: