Friday, November 14, 2008

Drink Much?

First, I'll tell you how we spent our Friday night. We went out to eat as usual. First restaurant, Johnny Brusco's, was packed. We hadn't been there in a while, and I was really looking forward to eating there. Also, I had only had an apple for lunch, and I could have eaten the napkins I was so hungry! All the tables were full (all of them) and there were several people ahead of us so we left.

We got a table at the next restaurant with no problem. I even ordered something new and really enjoyed it. I might actually eat these leftovers!

Then we went to Toys R Us. We don't go there often. Apparently, there was a big sale, and everyone was Christmas shopping. Just how I like to spend my Friday nights - packed store, screaming kids, kids having tantrums, parents still buying toys for kids that are screaming and kicking and acting horrible. Just for the record, I can handle all of that if it's my kid or a kid I know pretty well or a kid I'm related to (I've seen my sister's kids do pretty much everything - before they get their butt whopped), but other people's kids are a different story. Kind of like changing your own baby's diaper is no problem. Other baby diapers seem to smell 10 times worse - it's probably all in my head! :)

While we were standing in line to pay, two kids shoved past our feet/legs (they were totally in our space) to get at some toys on display in the checkout line (these same kids had just had tantrums, shoved their parents, and were whining - parents were still buying them both a toy). While I'm standing there waiting my turn, I notice one boy picking his nose and eating it and then continuing to turn the knobs on the Etch-A-Sketch. Oy! Glad to get out of there! When we got in the car, Paul said, "I feel like I was back at work."

We came home, and there was a message on our answering machine. Once in a blue moon, our answering machine will act up and will play messages in slo-mo. Every time it does that, the person leaving the message sounds drunk and on downers. But the funny thing is that the message might be from a church lady or a sweet mom from school. To hear them sounding drunk and doped up is pretty hilarious. But if I replay the message, it goes back to normal.

One more thing - I had a really bad scare today. I couldn't find one of the cats. I remembered that one of them had climbed in the dryer as I was loading it, and I couldn't remember if I got him out before I started the dryer. I made Paul go check while I went and hid in the bathroom. If it had happened, I don't think I could have handled it. Luckily, he wasn't in there, and we found him sleeping somewhere else. Whew!!!!

No comments: